Saturday, March 21, 2009

vic's sushi bar

tonight i had dinner from my favorite sushi place in philadelphia, vic's sushi bar, a cozy little sushi place in rittenhouse square. introduced to this place by my friend, it's become a staple of my weekly diet. tucked between a parking garage and a comedy club, vic's is tiny but has something which i've found at few restaurants: a comfortable atmosphere, friendly management that remembers your name (a warning - if you go with me they will know who i am. and call me by my first name), and beautiful presentation.

the first time i had sushi from vic's i was amazed by the beauty of the dish presented to me. i was also a little surprised, i mean it was something that i was just about to eat and i felt like i was destroying this piece of artwork that was just given to me. but then i realized something important. vic uses his talents (making scrumptious sushi) to create something memorable and beautiful. he is proud of every single plate of food that comes out of his restaurant. and that makes it all worthwhile.

in a way i am a little jealous of vic. he knows his talents. he's found a way to use them. and, perhaps more importantly, he's found a way to use his talents to make other people happy. i'm not quite sure if we can all be so lucky, but i sure hope we can.

1 comment:

  1. We can! And after seeing all of the adorable smiling children at A Year With Frog And Toad, I know that you already are.

    ReplyDelete